Do You Have Any Strange Anime Obsessions? How about Hadaka Apron?
There are plenty of interesting fetishes we can encounter when coming into contact with Japan’s anime and related pop culture. Some unique ones could include
- Girls in zettai ryouiki thighhighs.
- Thighs themselves. Especially “thicc” ones.
- Female centaur fetish. You can even marry one in our newest game, Princess X: My Fiancee is a Monster Girl?!
- Catgirl maids.
- Girls who look at you with a disgusted face while showing their panties to you.
- A fetish for pai, the mathematical symbol π?
- Girls who are not girls.
- Girls with tan lines.
- Girls adjusting their pantsu.
- Feet. I mean, really well-drawn feet.
- Twin-tail eyepatch-wearing childhood friends in wheelchairs who work as blind robot maids and who are secretly the ghosts of fox-spirits
- Vanilla ecchi, which is actually quite a popular thing these days.
One of the most enduring Japanese visual fetishes is 裸エプロン hadaka apron, or naked apron, when a female wears nothing but an apron when greeting and cooking for her guy, something that’s become associated with newlywed life. Because it’s what I do, I looked up the origin of the naked apron trope and found that it was employed in Japanese movies aimed at teens and young adults in the 1970s as a way of portraying eroticism without violating public morals, and caught on from there. It certainly has been embraced by Japanese fan artists, who use it to create the perfect male fantasy. It’s even better when the girls ask, “Do you want dinner?Bath? Or…me?”
So, have you picked up any interesting anime obsessions? Tell us on Twitter!
Great news! We have tons of wonderful new artbooks from Japan, with Wixoss Art Material, Female Warrior Pantsu Collection, plus new How to Draw books in stock for you. Browse all the artbooks now!