Exploring Interesting Fetishes in the ‘Virgin Bitch’ Anime
J-List had some server related issues at the end of last week and also during the weekend, though things are working fine now. If you tried to make an order and didn’t get an email with an order number from our system, please open a ticket so we can check on it as soon as possible! The orders which got errors have been refunded but we want to double check to make sure none have been missed.
One anime I’m enjoying is the oddly titled My Girlfriend is Shobitch, aka My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch, about a boy named Haruka who confesses his feeling to the cutest girl in class, Akiho Kosaka, and she accepts his request to go steady. However, Akiko is a little quirky and assumes she must cater to whatever sexual desires her new boyfriend expresses, hence the “bitch” in the anime title, which means something like “slut” when used in Japanese. Because of this, she’s always doing things like promising to memorize the classical 48 sexual positions or exploring bizarre cosplay or talking to him in a sadistic tone to see whether he likes being treated as an “M” (masochist). While most of the humor flows from Akiko’s awkward attempts at being a good girlfriend, there’s the usual cadre of other girls to add drama and comedy. This anime is very similar to last season’s My First Girlfriend is a Gal, though instead of dating a “gal” (who is expected to be sexually promiscuous), the main character is dating his class representative, a girl who’s proper in every way…except that she’s more of a pervert than he is.
In My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch, Akiko says to Haruka, “Since we’re going to be dating, I need to know what your fetishes are. It’s a very important thing for a girl to be aware of her boyfriend’s inner desires.” I posted a screenshot of that scene to J-List’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages to ask what our readers’ fetishes are. Here are some of the more interesting answers I got…
- Zettai ryouiki, the one true religion. This is worship of the “sweet three centimeters” above a girl’s over-knee socks but below her skirt hem.
- Nyotaika or “male to male female body transformation. There’s a whole anime about it.
- Tsunderes. Yes, a well-done tsundere is great. That 10% of dere (loving or positive emotions) makes the 90% tsun (bitchy, snarky, negative) all worth it. Here are some great tsunderes in history.
- Related: Girls looking embarrassed while giving you a gift.
- Monster girls. Which makes us happy, since My Fiancee is a Monster Girl game comes out in a few weeks!
- School swimsuits. Virgin Killing Sweaters. We have both in stock in girls’ and otokonoko sizes.
- Perverted science girls. Who can resist those?
- Yuri. It’s just so pure.
- Hadaka apron. Bonus points if she’s offering you “dinner, bath or…?”
- Tan lines. How did I go my whole life without appreciating tan lines?
- Girls with antenna hair. Girls with “hime cut” hair.
- I personally love how Japan can take a basic thing like panties and evolve them into more advanced fetishes, like shimapan, Schrödingers panties or the always-fun “girls looking at you wish a disgusted expression while showing you their pantsu.”
- Running out of salt, and making do with whatever you have on hand.
- When she suddenly calls you onii-chan.
Well how about you? What interesting fetishes or obsessions have you gotten from watching anime?
Great news! We’ve gotten in all the new anime magazines, from Newtype to Comptiq to Dengeki Bunko, all loaded with free stuff for fans in the form of posters and other cool stuff for fans, and tons of awesome visuals inside. It’s fun to follow the newest shows and collect these great magazines from Japan. Browse them all here!